There are a number of things a person can do to promote healthy hair growth, including:
- Eating a healthful diet: Eating a healthful diet that includes a wide variety of vegetables, fruits, and iron-rich foods ensures that the body gets all the nutrients it needs to create healthy hair.
- Using a hair loss shampoo: Some shampoos contain ingredients designed to help remove dandruff and other particles from the pores. This may help keep the pores clear and prevent blockages that could influence hair loss.
- Massaging the scalp: Massaging the scalp regularly may increase blood circulation in the area, helping keep the follicles healthy. This may also help clear away dandruff and prevent blockages.
- Stopping smoking: An older studyTrusted Source suggests that there could be a link between smoking and hair loss.
- Avoiding coloring or treating the hair with chemicals: Chemicals may make the hair weaker and more prone to breakage and thinning.